In this episode we tackled questions about diet and exercise from our listeners. This is our first podcast that did not include a guest or one particular topic but we think you will really enjoy it. We received amazing questions that many of you will undoubtedly share, and tried to give practical and actionable advice!
Here’s what we answered:
- I want to hear more about you guys. You do a great job getting us to meet your guests but what’s your background and story?
- Have you dabbled in Keto at all? What diets do you follow?
- Have you come across any adverse effects from long term ketosis?
- What makes Keto different than Atkins, and different than Paleo?
- Do you actually need protein shakes if you eat meat at every meal?
- Do I have to give up bread to lose weight?
- What are some examples of healthy things to order at fast food places?
- Do I need to take vitamins if I eat fruit and veggies everyday?
- How much protein do I need?
- What are the effects of intermittent fasting on metabolism?
- “Breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince, dinner like a Pauper” –Is there a benefit to that approach or is it just calories and macros?
- How do I incorporate more protein into my diet without eating meat?
- How sore should I feel after a workout? What intensity/how often?
- What keeps people motivated/disciplined? I struggle to maintain a consistent gym routine.
- Why is consistency more important than intensity? I’ve heard you say this before and I don’t understand what you mean.
- If I can’t make it to the gym, what should I do at home/work?
- Will I see quicker results from HIIT workouts or lifting heavy (if my goal is to get more lean)?
- Is the rowing machine at the gym a good workout?
- Aside from running on the treadmill, what’s the best cardio workout at the gym?
- What are some good lower back exercises?
- Have you seen any studies that say sitting on a yoga ball at work is better for you? I get the idea behind it, but is it all hype?
- Once you feel you’ve hit a plateau, how do you set new goals? I struggle with what to focus on now that I feel like I am in pretty good shape.
We closed the episode by discussing a little bit from this article Nick had recently read and enjoyed.
Did you know we are on YouTube? Well, it’s true. Check out the embedded video below for proof and feel free to subscribe to our channel 😉 –then click the bell to get notifications. That way we can buzz in your pocket when our next batch of content is served up.
Wondering where else you can listen to us aside from the website and YouTube? CLICK HERE FOR A FULL LIST OF THE PLATFORMS WE ARE ON. Find us on your preferred app and subscribe there so you can conveniently know when new episodes are released and listen where you like.
For quick links to the most popular platforms, use the buttons below:
Finally, you can always yell “Alexa, play the HeroFit Podcast” at your Amazon Echo device.
Of course we’re on social media as well. Links can be found at the top and bottom of the site.
Until next time, keep it classy.